1 sau ying's sancocho
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 - 2 hours
Yields: 12 servings
1 container of chicken stock
1 bottle of tomato sauce
3 sweet dates, dried
a few olives
1. Chop the tomatoes, potatoes, celery, red carrots, parsley and onions.
2. Soak the dates in oil.
3. Clean and soak the beans overnight.
4. Soak the pigs' feet over night in water and salt, then brush the pig feet skin with an unsharpened knife.
5. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and then add all the ingredients. Let stew for 1 - 2 hours.
6. Add pinto beans with olives and dates.
7. Add chicken stock and tomato sauce.
8. Let simmer and then serve.