8 wai man's stuffed eggplant
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
½ lb of pork
3 pieces of fish fillet
1 batch of Chinese parsley
3 tbsp of corn starch
3 tbsp spoon of olive oil
3 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 - 3 tbsp of cooking wine
1. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
2. Mince fish, shrimp and pork, using the flat side of the knife to create a paste.
3. Put the minced fish, shrimp and pork paste in the middle of eggplant, then cover.
4. Heat 20 ounces of vegetable oil in a pan. Heat eggplant pieces approximately 5 minutes on each side, until browned.
5. Place on paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
1. Mix 2 cups of water with 4 - 5 tbsp of corn starch and 2 tbsp of oyster sauce in a sauce pan.
2. Boil mixture and then put all the fried eggplant into the sauce. Cook about 1 - 2 minutes.